In 1958, a German furniture manufacturer bought a plot of 10.000 m². On this plot he built a farm with guest rooms.
In 1966, the Austrian Trade Union Federation bought the farm in order to enable their members to enjoy a relaxing holiday.
In 1975, the farm was extensively renovated and enlarged. An annex and the indoor swimming pool with panoramic view were added to the building.
In 1990, Alpenhof*** became a public hotel and therefore, also guests who were not members.